How I Got Published
How does a manuscript go from a pile of pages to a finished book?
Whether working with a trade publisher or going it alone, focusing on print or digital media, navigating the world of contemporary publishing can be daunting for new and emerging writers. Following the unique journeys of three successful Queensland authors—John Birmingham, Rachel Amphlett, and Krissy Kneen—this course explores the essential knowledge writers need to confidently engage with both trade (or traditional) and independent (or self) publishing industries. Give yourself a terrific opportunity to find your audience.
In this course, you will learn:
- How trade and independent publishing models work
- How publishers turn a manuscript into a finished product
- What the elements of book design are, and how they communicate to the reader
- How to build a sustainable career as a trade, independent, or hybrid author
- What to look for in contracts, what the warning signs are, and when to walk away.
Introduction to Publishing is entirely self-guided, so you can progress at your own pace. Once you’ve purchased the course, the content will remain open to you permanently, meaning you can come back any time for a refresher. Course content is delivered in a series of videos, diagrams, and written lessons.
How to access this course
This course is available forever from the moment your purchase is confirmed. Just go to the curriculum tab, click the first lesson, and start learning! You must be logged in to access your purchased content.
- Lectures 21
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 121
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes