Write Through with Andrea Baldwin
Are you facing a lot of challenges at the moment? Are there projects you’re keen to progress, but tapping into your creative brain is hard with so much going on? Maybe you’re eager to use your creativity as a resource to help you cope, learn and grow through a difficult time.
Write Through is an online course for writers and creatives in exactly your situation. Facilitated by writer and Psychologist Dr Andrea Baldwin, Write Through is structured to help you:
- Feel safe and confident exercising your creative skills
- Use writing and creativity to explore, acknowledge and transform emotions
- Orient yourself in the present moment, while recognising how the present relates to your past and future
- Build productive writing habits even in the midst of other demands
- Strengthen the connections that help you live, write and achieve balance
Write Through is not a ‘writing therapy’ program. But it is based on well-established research evidence about how our brains work under stress, and how creativity can help us thrive in challenging times.
About Dr Andrea Baldwin
Andrea has been a Psychologist for nearly 30 years. She is a writer, musician and applied theatre practitioner, with PhDs in Psychology and Creative Writing and a Masters in Drama. Andrea currently works for Queensland Health, using stories and games to help families with young children grow through natural disasters and disruptive events (https://www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au/natural-disaster-recovery/). The techniques and exercises in this course are drawn from Andrea’s lifetime of experience in arts health, as well as up-to-date research in creative recovery.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Any
- Language English
- Students 11
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes